Sleeping pills are widely used, however they stop the brain moving in and out of the different stages of sleep, resulting in poor quality sleep. Sleep masks are a better solution, helping the wearer to fall and stay asleep for longer.What are sleeping eye mask?
They are affordable means of getting to sleep faster and staying asleep for longer. They’re usually made from fabric that covers both eyes, helping to induce a state of total darkness.
Types of sleeping eye mask
Sleep masks for side sleeping
If you sleep on your side, it’s important to choose a mask that’s flexible and that does not dig into your face. You may prefer a mask with a streamlined profile so that it is not easily dislodged with varying sleep positions throughout the night.The 3D Sleep Mask is contoured to the shape of your face, ensuring that you enjoy a comfortable sleep. It is also slim and lightweight, weighing only 0.4oz and measuring 0.6mm in thickness, and its advanced 3D Technology means that it fits all sizes. The mask’s extra-large eye cavities ensure that you don’t feel cramped when wearing it, allowing you to drift off into a relaxing sleep. Despite its slight build, this sleep mask is an effective tool for blocking out light.
Travel sleep masks
One of the bests masks for use whilst travelling is this Simple Health Global Sleeping Mask. Not only does it block all light, helping you to fall into a deep sleep quickly in any body position (ideal if you’re sleeping in an upright position in a car, train or plane), but it also comes with gel inserts, which provide cool/warm therapy. This allows you to de-stress without relying on drugs or medication. This sleep mask, which is very lightweight, comes with a handy carry pouch and ear plugs.
Sleep masks to help with puffy eyes
There are various reasons why you may have puffy eyes, from lack of sleep to allergies and even staring at a computer screen all day. The good news is, there are certain sleep masks on the market that are designed to soothe your eyes. These are known as gel masks and they can be placed in the fridge for around an hour to provide your eyes with relaxing cold therapy. For warm therapy, simply put the gel mask in warm water.
The Earth Therapeutics Cooling Gel Sleep Mask comes highly recommended for soothing puffy eyes. With its therapeutic layer of gel beads lined with soft plush fleece, you can look forward to treating them to a spa-like experience.
1. Aids sleep whilst travelling. Sleeping whilst on the move can be tough, but a sleep mask can limit disruption, helping you to drift off into a peaceful sleep.
2. Another benefit of wearing an eye mask while sleeping is that it can help keep your make up fresh and well maintained.
3. They block out the light. Sleep masks help you to enjoy a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
4. Unlike other sleeping aids, eye masks are cost-effective and free from any side effects.
5. Since eye masks promote deep sleep, it’s a good way of combating insomnia.
6. Eye masks are easy to use, and they can be your traveling companion anywhere you go. Even when you’re away from the comfort of your own bed, your eye mask will help you feel comfortable enough to get a good slumber.
1. When wearing a sleep mask to block out the light it is easier to oversleep.
2. They can leave wear lines. Many sleep masks have elastic straps to hold them around the head. These bands can leave wear lines if they’re tight.
There are countless sleep masks on the market, so you will need to consider your options carefully in order to select the best sleeping eye mask for you. Not only will you need to decide what your primary use of a sleep mask will be, but you’ll need to decide which material you want it to be made from. There are sleep masks made from various materials, including silk, cotton, polyester and satin and each has different positive and negative qualities.